The Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University prepares students to design, develop and manage the customer experience of the future.
- Top 10 hospitality program, as ranked by industry employees
- No. 1 online program in the nation
- Top 20 most affordable hospitality management degrees
- Approximately 1,200+ student volunteers at SOBEWFF®
Located in Miami, the Chaplin School is a leading global resource for innovative talent and solutions for the hospitality and tourism industry, with competitive expertise in hospitality real estate development, event management, and food and beverage science. The school also boasts a diverse student body that includes undergrads, graduate students and doctoral students from 74+ countries, many of whom are the first in their families to attend college.
The Chaplin School is redefining hospitality education. Funded with proceeds from SOBEWFF®, the school’s Wine Spectator Restaurant Management Laboratory – which houses the Badia Spices’ Food Production Laboratory and the Brew Science Laboratory – surpasses industry-standard instructional technology. The laboratories strengthen the school’s focus on building students’ advanced management skills and its growing research in food, wine, beer and spirits.
These state-of-the-art facilities complement the Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center and provide students the perfect venues to incubate ideas and entrepreneurial ventures, test new concepts, conduct management exercises and prepare themselves for diverse careers in the hospitality industry.
See FIU students in action at SOBEWFF® 2018!
- No. 2 PUBLIC UNIVERSITY IN FLORIDA, based on the Florida Board of Governors’ 2018 performance scores
- A top-tier research university, designated by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education
- Among the 10 largest public universities in the United States
- 57,000 student enrollment
- 177,000 alumni who live and work in Florida